As I write this, we are entering the third week of Advent!
Prepare ye the way of the Lord!
We had a good November meeting held in the new meeting room off the narthex on the 12th. Joan B gave her testimony on how the Holy Spirit influenced her life. We thank Joan for sharing her story!
Here are some highlights of recent events:
- Thank you to Marlene R who represented St. Anthony’s CWL at the Remembrance Day service held November 11th at the Lloydminster Comp school gym.
- Lois H-T’s husband, Knute, received a special honour at the Remembrance Day ceremony. He was given an award equivalent to the Order of Canada for his participation in the second world war. Congratulations!
- November 22nd Fall Fundraiser – With the lunch counter, raffle table, and bake table, we raised about $1100.00! Thanks to all who volunteered their time and talents that day!
- CWL members helped with coffee after the November 15th mass and provided goodies after the November 23rd 9 a.m. mass – both masses were for loved ones who passed away this year.
- The December 6th Pin Presentation and Advent Social was held in the New parish hall – pins were presented to several ladies celebrating notable years of membership! Congratulations, ladies!
- A copy of St. Anthony’s Catholic Women’s League Policy Statement is reviewed every two years by the current president. Please see the attached Policy Statement for 2014.
Our executive members have been busy preparing their annual reports for 2014. We thank all these ladies who donated their time to be leaders in our CWL council.
A new executive team will be nominated and elected by our membership on February 11th, 2015. Nomination forms were provided to all CWL members. Please complete them to the best of your ability, and return to our Nomination chair/Past President, Ann R, by January 14, 2015. Ann and her nomination team will contact all ladies who were nominated and, after prayerful consideration, many will let their names stand for election. (The current president automatically assumes the past president position, and the president-elect automatically assumes the President’s position).
Our next meetings: January 14, 2015 at 7 p.m. at St. Anthony’s
February 11, 2015 at St. Anthony’s parish – ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING: Election of a New Executive and dinner meeting
May God bless you and your family this Advent Season and May you experience a Blessed Christmas!
Edna, your president (until February 2015)