St. Anthony CWL Annual General Meeting and Dinner will be held on Wednesday, February 12th starting at 6 p.m at the Legacy Centre.
We hope you can join us!
St. Anthony CWL held their monthly meeting on Wednesday, January 8th. (Thankfully, our weather was a bit more cooperative!)
Items of interest from the meeting:
– a petition from Leon Benoit, MP, regarding the elimination of sex selection of Pre-born babies which could result in gender selective abortion, was circulated and mailed back to Mr. Benoit.
– CWL Diocesan Mid-Winter meeting will be held at St. Joseph Basilica in Edmonton on Saturday, February 8th.
– The annual reports have been mailed to our Zone 4 chair and the Edmonton Diocesan Organization chair. These reports will be included in the Annual reports presented at the April convention.
– 19th Annual Poster/Essay contest information has been copied and soon distributed in our Lloydminster Catholic Schools. The theme is “We have Seen the Lord”. The deadline to enter is February 28th. The winners are announced at the April convention.
– The February “Be League“, which is the National CWL website newsletter, will be dedicated to Alberta CWL councils. Our communications chairperson was asked to think of an item that could be submitted from St. Anthony’s council.
– The Edmonton Diocesan CWL convention will be held in Edmonton on April 4-6, at the Holiday Inn; Gateway Blvd.
Registration information will soon be available.
– Once again, St. Anthony CWL will be participating in “the Coldest Night of the Year” fundraising walk, for the Lloydminster Men’s Shelter, at Bud Miller Park on February 22. If you are interested in walking or donating money, you may contact Edna at 306-825-2699.
Cheques are payable to “Coldest Night of the Year”; you may leave your donation at church in a marked envelope. Tax receipts are issued for donations of $20 and more.
– Next Festival of Praise is also on February 22 at St. Anthony’s.
– Our financial records are currently being “reviewed”. This is done annually. (Our fiscal year runs from January to December).
– St. Anthony CWL Annual General Meeting and dinner will be held at the Legacy Centre. Our Executive members will be presenting their Annual reports for 2013. Dinner is $20/person starting at 6 p.m. Please contact Edna at 306-825-2699, by February 10th, if you are interested in attending.
– Memberships for 2014: We currently have 87 members paid for 2014. If you have not paid your membership, please leave your $25 in an envelope, marked “CWL membership”, in Sunday’s collection basket or at the church office.
– Our Community Life chair reported that two large totes with personal hygiene products, etc, were donated to the Refugee Bag program. Thanks to all who supported this program. There are plans to host a Think Fast at Holy Rosary High School….watch for details in the future!
– OUR PARISH IS CELEBRATING 100 YEARS; ST. ANTHONY CWL IS CELEBRATING 90 YEARS IN 2014!!!
Plans are in the works for a parish celebration to be held on Sunday, September 21st after the 11 a.m. mass. Keep posted for more information!
That’s all for now.
St. Anthony CWL President