We’re having wonderful autumn weather at the moment.
I hope everyone had a good summer.
We had our September 11 potluck and meeting last evening.
For awhile, it looked like we were going to be feasting on desserts and cucumbers! As is the way with potlucks, the foods eventually evened themselves out and we had a wonderful meal together in the narthex at St. Anthony’s.
A few meeting highlights to share:
- at our October 9th meeting, starting at 7 p.m., Marlene, our spiritual development chairperson, will be sharing a one hour DVD presentation on one man’s faith conversion story….should be inspiring!
- a former St. Anthony CWL member, Belinda H, recently received a CWL National Bursary award for her studies in faith formation……congratulations Belinda!
- Festival of Praise….starting Saturday, September 28th at 7 p.m. at St. Anthony’s. Janelle R. shared with us the development of the program and how it grew to where it is today. We are encouraged to pray for the success of the program, for the organizers and for all who will be attending, that God will bless each one of in a profound and life-changing way!
- Catch the Fire! development day in Vermilion at Holy Name of Jesus Parish on Saturday, October 5th starting at 9 a.m. and concluding at 3:30 p.m. this is a great opportunity to learn more about the Catholic Women’s League, how the committees work and what they are all about; the challenges involved; what are the resources available; and sharing what we have learned. If you are interested in attending, please contact Edna at 306-825-2699 by September 30th. There is a $10 cost.
- Seven of our members attended the national CWL convention this past August in Regina. Two of our members shared a bit of this event with us.
- October 6 is the annual Life Chain at Lloydminster City Hall from 2 to 3 p.m. Please join us in silent prayer to end abortion, and euthanasia.
- Members are encouraged to become more involved in parish council, and fall supper planning. The next parish council meeting is October 1st. If you feel called to serve, contact Fr. Raj at the parish office.
- The fall supper is tentatively scheduled for November 3rd. People are always welcome to help in the organizing of this parish event. The first planning meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 25th at 7 p.m. at St. Anthony’s.
- The parish ministry fair will be held on the weekend of October 19/20. Here is your opportunity to check out all the ministries available in our parish and seek out where you think you may be of greatest service!
God bless you and your families and we hope to see you on Wednesday, October 9th at 7 p.m. at St. Anthony’s parish for our next general CWL meeting!